Sharing what I know and contributing to the local open-source tech community.
Please get in touch if your organization would like personalized WordPress training.
Teaching & Presentations:
- Lewis & Clark College: Building a Portfolio Site with WordPress for Prof. Cara Tomlinson’s Department of Art Senior Project seminar (Spring 2018)
- Lake Oswego Adult Community Center: Getting started with WordPress.com (Autumn 2018)
- West Linn Chamber of Commerce Chamber event at the Oregon Golf Club: What you need to know before getting a website. (October 2017)
- ACT-W Conference: Convener of panel and panelist on self-employment panel (2017)
- PDX WIT Monthly Event Series: Presentation about self-employment (2016)
- Girl Develop It, Portland: WordPress 101: two weekend classes, about 8 hours total (2015)
Portland WordPress Meetup Presentations:
- Beyond the Slideshow: Website Animation Tools for WordPress (2019)
- Plugin Ignite talks – event organizer, Ignite talk on Website Archiving using Simply Static (2017)
- One fits All: Can they see what you see? What Accessible Content is and How to do it Right (2015)
- Plugin Ignite Talks: Widgetizing Posts and Pages (2014)
- WordCamp Portland: Speaker Committee Lead & Venue Liaison (2018), Speaker Committee Member & Venue Liaison (2017)
- WordCamp Portland: Event Volunteer (a couple of different events prior to 2017)
- Portland Seven Sisters Alumnae Network: co-organizer of Women in Tech Panel – securing venue, inviting local nonprofits to talk about their organizations, helping to draft interview questions for panelists.
- ACT-W Conference: Keynote Speaker Committee Lead – led committee to establish keynote speaker criteria, invite applications, evaluate speakers, establish honorariums, and communicate with both the speakers and organizing committee. Four out of four keynote speakers were members of BIPOC communities.
- ACT-W Conference: Speaker Committee – worked collaboratively with other committee members to establish speaker criteria, solicit applications, evaluate speakers, and create the event schedule.
- TechFest NW: Event Volunteer
- PDXWIT: Leadership Board, Website Developer (2015-16)
- LWT Portland Chapter: City Director (2015) – in this position, I organized monthly local mixer events for up to 50 people. I additionally brought together the leaders of 6 other Portland-local groups for women in tech to spearhead the first ever collaborative Women + Tech biannual event, which was a holiday party. This event has since been carried forward and further developed each year by the PDXWIT event planning committee.